Joey + Rory, "That's Important to Me"
Every bit as sincere as the song itself. Joey + Rory add many unique personal touches by filming portions of the video on their farm, and in their family's diner. Even their daughters make an appearance. Excellent video!
Catherine Britt, "Sweet Emmylou"
A beautiful tribute to the incomparable Emmylou Harris. This song originally appeared on Joey + Rory's 2008 debut album The Life of a Song. Catherine's video earns props for keeping things simple, and letting sincerity and emotion pull the load.
Okay, which is cooler - Matthew McConaughey in a gorilla suit, or Jewel in a boxing match with a giant heart? Wittiness aside, I can give this video plenty of creativity points, though part of me would have preferred that they kept it more serious.
Tim McGraw, "Felt Good On My Lips"
I am actually tempted to like this one. The creative video editing serves as a pleasant distraction from the overall cruddiness of the song itself.
Dierks Bentley, "Draw Me a Map"
Great performance footage and nice lighting effects. It's great to see all those bluegrass musicians in this clip. But I would have given extra points if the video had had Alison Krauss in it.
Josh Turner, "I Wouldn't Be a Man"
This video perfectly fits the mood of the song. And yes, that is his wife. Nice touch how they show the pregnant belly at the end.
No Justice, "Just Get Going"
A great energetic performance, incorporating a few touches of humor. Fun video.
Little Big Town, "Kiss Goodbye"
I love the setting with Phillip Sweet playing piano in a middle of a field, and I also enjoy this video's portrayal of the song's story.
The 1-to-10 Archive
- ► 2011 (124)
- Favorite Singles of 2010 - Part 2 of 2
- Favorite Singles of 2010 - Part 1 of 2
- The Band Perry, "You Lie"
- Least Favorite Singles of 2010
- Concert Review: Garth Brooks
- Alabama, "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way"
- Darius Rucker, "This"
- Sugarland, "Little Miss"
- Opry Spotlight: Little Jimmy Dickens
- Album Review: Rascal Flatts - Nothing Like This
- Top Ten Greatest Women of the Nineties - Bubbling ...
- Trace Adkins, "Brown Chicken Brown Cow"
- Josh Thompson, "Won't Be Lonely Long"
- Getting to Know Danielle Car
- Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, "Don't You Wanna ...
- Concert Review: Carrie Underwood
- Music Video Round-Up - December 2010
- ▼ December (17)